Dave Kerpen is a serial entrepreneur, a New York Times bestselling author (4 books for far including a children’s book) and much in demand global speaker. As a prolific contributor on LinkedIn Dave has amassed a pretty incredible community of 680,000+ people.
Dave is the co-founder and co-CEO of company called Apprentice, a platform that connects entrepreneurs with bright, hard working college students. He is the Chairman of Likeable Local, a social media software company serving thousands of small businesses, and the chairman and cofounder of Likeable Media, an award-winning social media and content marketing agency for big brands.
As a father of three, Dave is also an outspoken advocate for change in our public education systems. He’s putting his time where his mouth is as he is currently an elected member of his local school board.
He has been named by Entrepreneur Magazine as a top 10 up and coming leader, been featured on the Today Show, CNBC’s “On the Money”, BBC, ABC World News Tonight, the CBS Early Show, the New York Times, and countless blogs. I have also keynoted at dozens of conferences across the globe including Singapore, Athens, Dubai, San Francisco, Cologne, Toronto, Bangkok, and Mexico City.
Dave really has it going on. He also has a relaxed confident communication style that may well have been influenced by his background as a teacher.
In this episode Dave:
- Tells us how his rebellious spirit created challenges for him as a public school teacher
- Dove deep into the rationale and framework of his latest business venture, Apprentice (hint: the co-founder at Apprentice was once a student employee of Dave’s)
- Explains why, for now, Apprenctice only matches College students with entrepreneurs
- Expressed pride in his daughter who is starting a business while still in High School
- Says that of the 1100 or so people he’s hired over the years, all but 20 or so were hired strictly for their people skills
- Why he thinks the “golden rule” should be replaced with the “platinum rule”
- Talks about his latest book, The Art of People
- And if you wait until the end you’ll even here this U.S. citizen break into a rendition of O’Canada (he used to work at professional sports venues)
Dave’s energy is infectious. Certainly worth a listen for entrepreneurs and parents everywhere. Enjoy.
You can reach Dave at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv