Natalie Oliverio is the founder and CEO of Military Talent Partners a boutique talent consulting firm specializing in the career placement of Veterans and Military Spouses.
Natalie served post 9/11 in the US Navy and transitioned out in 2006.Friends and family thought she had made it big when she landed a job with the VA in her own small community. From the outside looking in, Natalie was the poster child for a successful transition. The only problem was she was miserable stuck in her tiny cubicle with a big government clock ticking away in the background. So she did the unthinkable and quit. Over the next 10 years Natalie worked in 6 different corporate recruiting roles. Frustrated by the limitations of her job, particularly the inability to provide candid advice to failed job seekers, Natalie made the decision to become an entrepreneur. With the help of mentors, who helped Natalie get absolute clarity on what she wanted to do, she launched Military Talent Partners.
In this candid conversation Natalie:
- Talked about the challenges she and other veterans face when transitioning to civilian life. Hint she felt like a stranger among family and friends
- Tells us that she’s heard so many heartbreaking “no’s” in her life and how she uses those experiences to mentor others
- Explains why she walked away from a job at the VA to try and find a more meaningful career
- Tells is what is was like to have her position eliminated twice. The first time on her first day back on the job after a 3 month maternity leave
- Explains why she quit a cushy corporate job where she could have slept 7 out of 8 hours a day at work and still met her targets
- The process she and her team at Military Talent Partners use to match the right candidate with the right job
- Openly admits that she gets emotionally engaged with every one of her clients
- Tells us that her biggest challenge is finding more employers to work with
Natalie is honest, articulate, and clearly loves what she does. Enjoy…
You can reach Natalie at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv