Matt Newman is a senior executive in the financial services industry, a cancer survivor, a public speaker, and a best selling author. His book, “Starting at the Finish Line” recently made it to #2 on Book Authority’s Best Brain Cancer Books of All Time.
Matt was 39 years old and a father to 3 when he was diagnosed with grade three astrocytoma (brain cancer). His memoir chronicles the journey that he and his entire family took together which got him to a place of clarity, understanding and appreciation. His own father-in-law Larry had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer three years before Matt, leading the two men to find support in each other and their combined family as they worked to find normalcy in an abnormal situation. Matt:
- Shares the emotions he went through when he learned he had brain cancer
- Explains why he was determined to take his kids to school on his first day at home after surgery
- Realized that up until then he had been looking at life through his own eyes
- Says that disease may take him physically but it can never define his legacy
- Talks about lessons learned from his father in law during their cancer journeys
- Admits that he wrote his book entirely for himself (and assumed no-one would read it)
- Calls out an education system that fails to teach our youth the basics of money
- Shares his definition of courage
- Emphasizes the importance of having a plan in advance of the negative
- Goes deep on what legacy is all about
Matt is inspiring, well spoken, and a voice that I am proud to amplify.
You can reach Matt at:
Book Website: https://startingatthefinishline.com/
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv