Connor Gillivan is the co-founder of FreeeUp.com. He has built two companies to over $10 million in yearly sales within the eCommerce industry, is a leading voice for entrepreneurship and digital marketing, and is the author of Free Up Your Business: 50 Secrets to Bootstrap Million Dollar Companies.
Connor started his first eCommerce business, Portlight, drop shipping on the Amazon Marketplace when he was 20 years old and still in college. Together with his co-founders he built a 60 person team located all over the world, partnered with over 1,000 US suppliers, and had total sales of more than $25 million of total.
He started his second business, FreeeUp, in 2015 when he and his business partner became frustrated with their online hiring experiences. They built a 60 person team with freelancers from all over the world, but it took years and endless amounts of turnover to arrive at that team.
Just over 3 years into the business FreeeUp has grown their user base to over 15,000 clients around the world.
In this episode Connor we dig deep into his journey. Connor
- Credits his fast start in entrepreneurship to some of the people that surrounded him when he was growing up
- Shares his thoughts on the importance of exposing children to the idea that entrepreneurship can be a viable career option
- Talks about the things he learned working in South Africa during his time in College
- Tells us how 2 College Sophomores built a business that sold more than $25 million on Amazon
- Explains how frustrations in scaling his first company led to the creation of FreeUp
- Offers tips for anyone that wants to be a freelancer
- And so much more.
You can contact Connor at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/connorgillivan/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/connorgillivan/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/connorgillivan/
- Personal blog: http://connorgillivan.com/
- FreeeUp: https://freeeup.com/
- My calendar: calendly.com/connor-gillivan
- My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com