Izzy Lugo is the Co-Founder and COO at Urban Misfit Ventures, Brand & Content Strategist, Public Speaker and co-host of the Strange on Purpose Podcast.
Urban Misfit Ventures is a holding company that owns one of Milwaukee’s fastest growing startups. IEEG, a Content Marketing firm as well as an events company called the mkemisfits.
Izzy is also a huge foodie, sneakerhead and sports fan.
In this episode Izzy explains:
- What the term misfits means to him
- Why we should not shame people for being employees
- Why showing only the highlights on our entrepreneurial journey is a disservice to potential entrepreneurs
- Why the Misfits continue to invest in giving out high quality free content
- The importance of aligning yourselves with the right people
- That at times the four Misfit founders couldn’t pay themselves
- Why he feels they were damn lucky (note: they weren’t)
- Why you have to play the long game
- How they select new employees
- Why persistence wears down resistance
- And the one thing the misfits are most proud of
This is a candid and unvarnished look into the entrepreneurial journey.
You can reach Izzy at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com