Why would anybody in his right mind want to jump on a sled and hurl himself down an icy mountain at over 80 miles per hour?
At the age of 21, Ruben Gonzalez took up the sport of luge and started training for the Olympics. Four years….. and a few broken bones later, Ruben made his Olympic dream come true! But he didn’t stop there… Ruben kept training, and at the age of 47, he was competing against 20-year-olds at the Vancouver Winter Olympics! Ruben’s the first only person to ever to compete in four Winter Olympics EACH in a different DECADE!
He’s still competing at the age of 55 and intent on trying to qualify for the 2022 Olympics!
His bestselling books have sold over 100,000 copies and have been translated to over 10 languages.
In this episode Ruben:
- Shares a big lesson he learned at the age of 12 that changed his life
- Explains how a 21 year old bench warmer on his soccer team became an Olympic athlete in less than 4 years
- What if felt like to compete at his first Olympic games
- Why he quit the sport and why he returned after an 8 year absence
- Talks about the 2 kinds of courage that are needed to succeed
- Shares how he talked his 30 year old architect brother into trying out for and qualifying for the Salt Lake City Olympics
- The importance of finding someone who has done what you want to do, and learning from them
You can reach Ruben at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com