Drew Dudley’s TEDx talk “Everyday Leadership” has been viewed close to five million times and praised by Time, Business Insider, and Inc. Magazine.
Drew is the founder of Day One Leadership, where he works with individuals and organizations around the world to unlock their leadership potential. He is also the author of a WSJ bestseller titled This Is Day One- A practical guide to leadership that matters.
His 6 minute TEDx talk, which revolves around a story about a lollipop, has been voted one of the 15 most inspirational TED talks of all time. My conversation with Drew was exceptional on so many levels. One thing that really stands out is that when Drew talks about leadership is that he does it in a way that anyone can relate to. If we think about, most of what we learn about leadership is often based upon the stories of an elite few who have achieved extraordinary things. Drew argues that this approach has made us lose sight of the opportunities we all have to be leaders. Drew focuses on everyday activities and has developed an easy to understand process that any of us can use.
Conversations on my show always seem to fly by, but this one felt like it was at mach speed. In our conversation Drew:
- Observes that criticism tends not to flow downhill
- Shares his famous lollipop story
- Talks about a young woman he met on a train who asked him a question that had a huge impact on his life
- Tells us that most discussions around values and leadership are BS
- Explains the process he developed while working as a leadership instructor for smart university kids
- Explains his approach to dealing with being a recovering alcoholic
- And challenges all of us to identify our non-negotiable leadership goals
Drew is a master storyteller who is changing the way people look at leadership. Enjoy
You can contact Drew at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv