Steve Anderson is an Entrepreneur, a trusted authority on Risk Management, a Futurist, and a public speaker. His speaking portfolio includes presentations on the future of technology, the influence of social platforms, how businesses can leverage the internet, and how they can assess and use risk to their advantage. Steve was chosen as one of the original 150 LinkedIn Influencers and has over 340,000 followers.
With over thirty-five years of experience in the insurance industry, Steve is also the author of The Bezos Letters: 14 Principles to Grow Your Business Like Amazon. An Amazon best seller, The Bezos Letters has also appeared on The Wall Street Journal and USA Today list of bestsellers. The book is a Steve’s deconstruction of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos’ annual review letters to shareholders and focuses on the steps Bezos took to test, build, accelerate, and scale Amazon.
In this episode Steve:
- Tells us why he decided to write The Bezos Letters
- Declares that the biggest risk businesses take is not taking risks
- Explains the four distinct cycles of business risk and growth and 14 principles that emerged from Bezos’s letters to Shareholders
- Points out that the 3 big Amazon successes today all began as failures
- Explains why Amazon shuts down so many new experiments
- Tells us how Besos uses risk to strategically grow
- Reveals the 2 types of business decisions at Amazon
- Tells us how the lessons learned from Bezos can be applied to any business, large or small
- And explains why Besos says that everyday is day 1
This episode is packed with practical advice for any entrepreneur or wannabe entrepreneur. Enjoy…
You can reach Steve at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv
#screwthenaysayers #timematters #podcast