Nathan Seaward’s childhood dream was to be a pilot. And then became one. Things fell into place for Nathan and who found himself at the top of his game flying Boeing 767’s around the Asia/Pacific. In a world where seniority rules, Nathan was set up for a long and successful career as a pilot. Then he did the unthinkable. After 16 years Nathan quit his job and became a personal coach and host of the Nathan Seaward Show. Unlike a lot of people Nathan did not hate his job. He enjoyed flying. He just felt that something was missing.
In this episode Nathan:
- Says that he believes entrepreneurs can change the world whilst creating extraordinary lives for themselves and their families. Amen to that.
- Argues that salary is what they pay you to give up on your dream.
- Admits that he had a panic attack the week before he left his job (if he chose to go back to flying he would have to start at the bottom of the seniority list)
- Tells us why he’s declared war on retirement
- Asks what you’re going to be thinking about in the last 5 minutes of your life
- Stresses the importance of being able to distinguish between true self and ego
- Admits that he ran out of money, not once, but twice
- Says that you’re not really locked into that job you no longer like. You just think you are
- And much more…
For me this interview was a fascinating insight into the mind of someone who quit a job few people quit and now is on a mission to help others create the life they want. Enjoy…..
You can reach Nathan at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv