Rob Berk is Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Apprentice, an innovative platform that connects entrepreneurs and business leaders with smart and motivated college students that are looking for real-world experience and mentorship. Rob is also a Senior at Hamilton College.
He credits his fast start in entrepreneurship to having had the opportunity to apprentice with former Screw the Naysayers Podcast Host Dave Kerpen. Dave is a serial Entrepreneur, NY Times Best-Selling Author, a Global Keynote Speaker, and Rob’s Co-founder at Apprentice. The business model for Apprentice is unique in that the College students work remotely while they are in college to do anything and everything needed to make their leaders’ lives easier and to make them more effective.
In this episode Rob:
- Tells us that one of his professors encouraged Rob to turn down a chance to apprentice with Dave Kerpen so he could “focus on school”
- Says that College has been a great experience but also says the he didn’t get much from the classroom learning
- Talked about the things he learned while “apprenticing” with Dave and how that inspired him to come up with the idea for the new business
- Admits that it’s not always easy to explain to people what he’s doing (it turns out some of the people in Rob’s world are not among the 600k plus followers Dave has on LinkedIn)
- Explains the approach used at Apprentice which includes weekly accountability calls and 1-1 coaching
- And explains why he decided to go straight from College to full time entrepreneurship
Rob and Dave working together demonstrate the huge potential of cross generational collaboration. Is there a better way to learn how to be an entrepreneur than to apprentice with one? Not that I can think of. Enjoy
You can reach Rob at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv