Peter Taunton is a pioneer in the fitness industry. In 2003, he had a vision for Snap Fitness: to create an affordable, 24-7, results-driven gym differentiated from the impersonal, expensive big-box experience. Today there are Snap Fitness franchises in 2,500 locations in 26 countries. And Taunton, CEO of Lift Brands, didn’t stop there.
In recent years, he has acquired and founded several brands to round out the consumer-fitness experience. Together with the Snap Fitness brand they comprise the world’s largest wellness franchise organization, serving 165 million workouts and counting.
In 2010 Peter was named an Ernst and Young “Entrepreneur of the Year.” His companies have also been featured for six years running in such prestigious industry lists as Entrepreneur 500, Inc 5000, Top Global and Franchise 500.
In this episode Peter:
- Says that he learned importance of making connections when selling popcorn as a child
- Shares another key lesson he learned from playing Racquetball
- Tells us that discipline is required in business just as it is in sport
- Talks about the importance of being fearless and reminds us that fear is a dream killer
- Explained why he started a Snap Fitness location in a community of only 3,500 people
- Tells us how he managed to differentiate Snap Fitness from other fitness centres
- Explains why he chose to drop out of College
- And challenges us all to think about how we want to show up
This is a great episode for those that like stories about real entrepreneurial journeys. Peter shares his experiences and lessons learned with a heart centred motive. Enjoy
You can reach Peter at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv