Micheal Burt, better known as Coach is an entrepreneur, author, and a much in demand public speaker.
At the age of 18 Coach came across the teachings of Stephen Covey. He began with a deep study of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, but quickly gravitated toward Covey’s Whole Person Theory. At the age of 22 Coach was named the youngest head coach in the state of TN at the second largest high school. He would employ “The Whole Person Theory” to begin building a national power house with seven 25+ win seasons, four conference titles, and one state championship, the first in the school’s 30+ year history. He would go on to win over 74% of all of his games by using his strategies and deep motivational skills.
At 25 he would begin writing the first of 14 books on his methodology. Companies who wanted to grow started hiring Coach to speak, coach, and train their people to higher levels of performance. In this episode Coach:
- Says that he is open to anything closed off to nothing
- Talks about adopting Covey’s work to his basketball coaching and why it gave him a big competitive advantage
- Stresses the importance of a strong prey drive (something that is squashed out of us in the public education system)
- Admits that other HS Basketball coaches thought he was crazy (until he wasn’t)
- Observes that we invest in our kids but are not used to investing in ourselves
- Says that the way to make more money is to refine and invest in yourself, then in your business, then in your wealth
- Challenges parents to work to their true potential, if not for themselves, then at least to model this behaviour for their children
- Notes that trained people outperform untrained people
- And confident people outperform unconfident people
- Reminds us that potential is not age specific
Coach Burt is affectionately known as America’s Coach. It’s easy to see why. Enjoy
You can reach Coach at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv