Tasha Schuh is a National Youth Speaker, an Author and the winner of multiple awards including National Rehabilitation Champion Award, Young Distinguished Alumni Award, Ms. Wheelchair USA 2012.
Growing up Tasha was active in sports and theatre and in her sophomore year of High School Tasha played the lead role of Sandy in the musical Greece. In her junior year, while working on a set stage change she was the victim of a tragic accident that left her a C5 Quadriplegic.
Today Tasha travels and shares her story of resilience and triumph over tragedy to audiences all over the country. She is the author of two books, “My Last Step Backward” (you’ll understand when she describes the accident) and “My Next Move Forward”, where Tasha dispels the myths and stereotypes that individuals with physical disabilities often confront.
In this episode Tasha:
- Describes the accident that left her a C5 Quadriplegic
- Admits that the first few years were really tough especially when her boyfriend left her and her parents marriage broke up
- Says that if she’d listened to the naysayers she wouldn’t have accomplished anything
- Reveals that at the age of 30 a girlfriend forced her to sign up for online dating
- Talks about meeting the love of her life (and also wants us to know that they have a great sex life)
- Explains how she felt when people told her that her now husband couldn’t possibly love her
- Shares the gifts that she’s taken from her adversity
- Offers encouragement and support for those frightened by the Covid 19 crisis
- And tells us that she loves her live and is thankful for her accident
Get ready to be inspired and educated by a remarkable human being. Enjoy…
You can reach Tasha at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv