Joe Schmit is an award-winning broadcaster, community leader and popular keynote speaker. He’s also the author of “Silent Impact” Influence Through Purpose, Persistence and Passion and “The Impact Blueprint,” A Step by Step Journey to a Life of Significance.
As a sports broadcaster Joe has covered every major sporting event in the past 4 decades and has interviewed many of the biggest names in sports. Joe joined KSTP-TV in 1985 and has won 18 Emmys from the National Television Academy. He was also honored with a National Headliner Award in 2001.
Joe is a long time youth mentor committed to advocating for a number of community organizations with Big Brothers and Big Sisters is at the top of his list. He is a past president and board member of the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Twin Cities. He has raised over $3 million for the organization through the Joe Schmit Celebrity Golf Tournament which had a 16-year run. In 2000, he was the winner of the Jim Kelly Distinguished Service Award from Big Brothers and Big Sisters and in 2001, a winner of the Odyssey Award for commitment to youth mentorship.
In this episode Joe:
- Admits that he became a better broadcaster when he stopped caring what others thought of his work
- Says that we make our biggest impressions when not trying to be impressive
- Reminds us that everybody at whatever age wants to feel valued
- Tells us that impact as a pinwheel effect
- Explains his goal as an author and a speaker is to provide tools all of us can use to be more aware and intentional
- Says employees are looking for three things. They want to work for a successful company. They want an opportunity to grow, and they want a company that cares about them and the communities they serve
- Shares a great story about former Minnesota Twins great Joe Mauer
- And even asks you to identify the faces you would put up on your own Mount Rushmore
Joe is entertaining, insightful, and forthcoming. Enjoy.
You can reach Joe at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page:https://screwthenaysayers.com/joe-schmit
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv