Growing up we get used to people asking us what we plan on doing for the rest of our lives?
We get this question from our parents, grandparents, older siblings, aunts and uncles, teachers, guidance counselors, casual friends of the family, and in my daughter’s case even the driving test inspector.
Raise your hand if you said, when I grow up I want to be in sales!
Chances are you didn’t raise your hand. That’s because to a lot of people the idea of a career in sales feels icky, yucky and generally unpleasant. Images of Homer Simpson greeting a door to door gun salesmen (or something similar) pop into our head.
Truth is most sales people end up in sales by chance or because someone else sees something in them. That was the case for Jules White.
Jules is the author of Live It, Love It Sell It and her mission is to help everyone fall in love with sales.
It’s an important mission. The world is filled with entrepreneurs that have a great product or service who are terrified of sales. Most often these fears are associated with negative stereotypes or they’ve had a bad experience selling.
In this episode explains:
- That we are all natural born sellers (ever seen a child negotiating with mom and dad for treat).
- That the key is to make the sales process natural…effortless… and best of all… enjoyable!
- Why she is thankful her earlier business went bankrupt (believe it or not the problem was too many sales)
- The problem with most sales training programs is that they focus on tips and tricks that can be used to persuade or convince customers to buy
- Why introverts and extroverts make great salespeople
- How you can reduce the number of “no’s”
- How to get past the fear of rejection and learn to love sales.
You can reach Jules:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com