“The only people who are going to get hurt are the ones wishing for a past that doesn’t exist anymore.”
Bob Sager is excited about the future driven by advancements in Artificial Intelligence and Automation. He acknowledges that some people are losing jobs, but says this is actually freeing people up to work at jobs that are more fulfilling and quite likely higher paying.
The trick is people need to focus on things machines can’t do. At the top of this is innovation.
Bob is the founder of Spear Point Solutions,an innovation specialist, and facilitator of Personal Achievement and Practical Innovative Thinking Training Workshops.
In this episode he shares:
- Why he home schooled his youngest children
- Why learning to think innovatively is no longer a nice to have
- What he believes humans do that machines can’t do
- Reminds us that Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge
- His certainty that companies are not employing people to their abilities
- His understanding of Millennials that don’t see glory and fulfilment in working 30-40 years for one employee
- Why people need to be trained to be adaptable
- His view that age is not a barrier to innovation and change
- Why his first job after college was the best thing that happened to him (because it sucked)
- Reminds us that Innovation does not have to mean quantum leap
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com