Oleg Lougheed is the Host of the Overcoming Odds Podcast, The Genius Within Podcast, a TedX Speaker, and Executive Director of Overcoming Odds. Born in Russia Oleg doesn’t have many memories from attending school, but he learned early on what alcoholism is, what starvation feels like, and what sacrifice means.
Living without a father and with an alcoholic mother forced Oleg to make difficult decisions at an early age in order to survive. He stole food and slept on the street.
In 2005, was adopted into a new family, moved to the United States, and started a new life. Today Oleg is on a mission to help others who have overcome unique life circumstances live a life they’ve always dreamed of, despite their hardships and misfortunes.
In this episode Oleg:
- Shares what it felt like to give up pieces of himself, such as his birth name, family, friends, native language, and culture
- Says he started Overcoming Odds because he saw other people adopted nationally internationally or foster care who were not making it through the challenges
- Explains how he knew he had to do more than simply share his story
- Reminds us that there are many stages of healing and that you can’t heal someone unless you’ve healed yourself
- Tells us that his why is provide a space for marginalized or special populations to be understood
- And stresses the importance of learning how to make purposeful what you already have in hand
Oleg’s story is riveting as is his passion for others to live the life they want and deserve. Enjoy
You can reach Oleg at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv