Michael Hyatt is the chief executive officer and founder of Michael Hyatt & Company. He has scaled multiple companies over the years, including a $250M publishing company with 700-plus employees and his own leadership development company that has grown over 60% year over year for the past four years. Under his leadership, Michael Hyatt & Company has been featured in the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America for three years in a row. He is also the author of several New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling books, including Platform, Living Forward, Your Best Year Ever, and Free to Focus. He’s living The Double Win with his wife of forty-plus years, five daughters, and nine grandchildren.
Michael joined me today to discuss his new book Vision Driven Leader. In this episode Michael:
- Says that if the vision is compelling enough, people will apply their best thinking and efforts to figure things out (he uses the example of John F. Kennedy’s vision to put a man on the moon to illustrate his point)
- Admits that it took the catastrophic failure of his 1st business to teachhim what Kennedy showed the entire world.
- Defines Vision as “the act of seeing what the future could be.”
- Shares specific tactics a leader can use when their vision faces resistance
- Emphasizes that Vision is much more than a slogan and goes deep on processes a leader can use to script their vision
This was an in depth conversation with one of brightest business minds of his generation. There’s gold in this episode for everyone. At the conclusion of this podcast I encourage you to grab a copy of Vision Driven Leader and then head over to www.visiondrivenleader.com/screwthenaysayers when you can grab some great freebies.
You can reach Michael at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv